Sunday, July 7, 2013

Why is the weekend always gone?

Sigh. I am usually sad to see the weekend leave; they go by so quickly, don't they?

First of all, I got so caught up in doing things I forgot to post about the Let's Get Acquainted blog hop on Friday so please, forgive my tardiness and visit these bloggers to show them some love:

Hilltop House Creative Works
Sew Happily Ever After
Christa Quilts
Wonderland by Alyce
the crooked banana
Caroline's Craftiness
Sassafras Lane
quarter incher

Every week I find more amazingly talented people through their blogs. I love it. 

I'm in a little swap going on over at Flickr and managed to finish piecing and quilting my main project today:

Between the late evening light and my (lack of) photography skills, it is hard to tell these are purples, blues, greens, greys, and whites - but they are! It's both fun and a bit nerve-wracking to come up with something I hope is just perfect for my swap partner. I pulled out my trusty old Bernina 830 (as in the old one from circa 1978!) and spent some quality time meandering around this piece. I do most of my sewing/piecing on a much newer Husqvarna but she just doesn't to a nice job when it comes to FMQ, for some reason. I've had that Bernina for a long time and she helped me make entire wardrobes for my girls many, many years ago. I had to have her serviced and this was the first time I'd used her since - she worked like a charm!

Hoping everyone had a good weekend and especially my American friends who celebrated their big holiday a few days back!

e.




1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! I don't think I have ever seen that pattern.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS