Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy finish!

Last night I finished stitching down the binding on the wedding quilt for my daughter and her new husband. They are returning from a honeymoon in Mexico later today and I am so happy to have their quilt (almost) finished; I have to say almost because my other daughter's fiancee pointed out that I still have to add a label to this quilt - he is pretty insistent I always label my work!


The pattern is called "Going Buggy" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. I modified it slightly; the pattern called for a pieced border (four patches) where I have used the solid Kona Snow border around the outside. I felt the quilt was already plenty busy and I think the crisp, clean border gives the quilt the contemporary look my daughter was going for. My daughter asked me to make a quilt based on the colours used in Ashley's quilt shown here.


The binding is a cream-on-black polka dot from the Circa 1934 collection and the backing is from this year's reprint of Flea Market Fancy.

It's so exciting to have another project finished! It is also exciting to have some big events out of the way and (hopefully) a lot more time to spend at the sewing machine!

Happy Labour Day weekend.

e.

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS