Friday, September 7, 2012

BEE September

Yesterday after work, I was in the mood to do something productive in the sewing room. For me, being productive is usually associated with having something to show for my time. My blocks for September didn't take very long at all and were fun to make. This month, our leader is Laura and she asked for fussy cut wonky star blocks using this tutorial. The quilt will be for a boy so she asked us to use green, blue, grey, and orange in our blocks.


I haven't made a lot of kid's quilts - particularly boyish ones - so finding those middle squares in my stash was a bit of a challenge, but I think these ones worked out. The tutorial is very well written and simple to follow - it was a quick and satisfying project. The blocks are ready to go in the mail! Go, Canada Post! 

It is a nice autumn Friday morning here on the prairie and the weekend is supposed to be even nicer. So much to look forward to!

e.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS