Monday, June 25, 2012

Late adopter?

I think I might be the last person in blogland to make one of Jeni's awesome lined drawstring bags, but I have to say, I'm so glad I finally did. I have a lot of fat quarters in my stash and at the moment, not a lot of time to sew. This project is a great fit because it lets me use some of my fabrics and it went really fast; I would say it took less than an hour from start to finish. I think I will buy her pattern, which has the directions for several more sizes. I could use something fun to put my Scrabble tiles in.


One of my girls has already laid claim to it. She is traveling overseas next month and wants to use this as a makeup/toiletry bag. She says she'll put her clear zipper bag of goods inside this prettier bag after the security people at the airport have cleared her stuff. My little drawstring bag is going to places I am still dreaming of - I'm so excited for it!

The fabric has been in my stash for awhile. The body of the bag is Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson and the contrast band is Henna Garden in Persimmon. I really like the Henna Garden prints and this red one is probably my favourite. I lined it with Kei honeycomb dots in a yummy yellow colour and the ties are Joel Dewberry. I think they all play really nice together and they played really nice with me in my sewing room. I dashed outside after supper to get a photo; there is a "severe thunderstorm watch" for our area this evening. I learned that when it is a watch, it is just a "maybe" but when it is a warning, the storm is imminent but they just don't know how  big or long it will be. We have had quite a few evenings with thunderstorms of late; I quite enjoy them when I am safely tucked inside my home for the evening.

Next up...Tuesday! Looking forward to everything this week will bring.

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS