Friday, November 11, 2011

Next up...tree skirt

One of my girls left home this fall to attend university in a different city. Last weekend, her boyfriend traveled up to visit her. While I think she was happy he came to visit, she was also very excited that he would be bringing up her collection of Christmas decorations.Each year, she puts up a small tree in her room; this year will be no exception and in fact, her dorm room is bigger than her bedroom at home so I think she'll probably decorate even more. She mentioned last year, already, that she would be needing a tree skirt, made by her "mama".  I know it won't be long before she moves past bedrooms and college dorms and into a place of her own so I'm making her a full size tree skirt. She can always cinch it up around her mini tree, right?

My own taste in fabric has been evolving, but she is still very much a traditional girl. I still have a stash of Thimbleberries and Kansas Troubles fabrics and was able to pull, I think, a great selection of pieces to make her tree skirt from. All but one of the fabrics are TB; the other is actually a fairly modern piece from one of the recent Basic Grey lines by Moda. It plays nicely with the other rich colours.


I am about halfway finished piecing the top. It's looking pretty good so far. I think she'll like it. I know I sure like being able to work on a fun project like this.

In Canada, it is Remembrance Day today. We remember those who have unselfishly given of themselves in order to serve our country. Thank you, Canadian Forces, and thank you to your families who give so much for us. We do remember.

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS