Sunday, November 6, 2011

The 12 Quilts of Christmas

Does anyone out there do like I do, and get all these great ideas for Christmas gifts right about...now? In fairness, I had my inspiration about a month ago and ordered up the fabric right away. Or maybe the truth is more that an online newsletter or Facebook post let me know about a sale and I just had to take advantage so I came up with justifications (e.g., the Christmas gift list) for buying them. Okay...let's get something straight right off the hop (you'll note this is my first blog post) - I'm not going to bother justifying fabric purchases. I'm just going to marvel at and enjoy the talent of today's fabric designers and support them any way I want, including buying their lines.

So in between work stuff and projects around the house, I got busy and started on the first of several Christmas projects (maybe not quite 12, but close enough) I'd like to finish. First up was the good old Yellow Brick Road pattern. I was a late-adopter of the YBR pattern but I thought it would work up into a great quilt for my daughter's boyfriend. I saw this great FQ bundle at Fabricworm and thought it would be great for C. He likes camping and he's an Oregon Beavers fan and their colour is orange. I prepped the fabrics, cut and pieced it over the past four days and it has a date with the machine quilter on Wednesday. This is a photo of the top taken in the back yard. Why yes, I did brave temperatures of -10 to get this shot but I'm glad I did, it looks pretty neat draped over the tree limb.



Next up: a tree skirt!

Hope everyone gets off to a great week tomorrow. Short work week for lots of us in Canada - we remember our vets on Friday, November 11.


e.

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the Yellow Brick Road pattern, myself. I've made two quilts with it so far. Your quilt is lovely, as is your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool mix of colors! I'm made YBR before too - it's a great little pattern. -10? I'm totally impressed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS