Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I am excited to be able to have something to post for WIP Wednesday. It isn't that I haven't been getting a chance to sew; it is more the case I don't think or remember to go outside on the weekend and grab a few photos of my projects. Or else the weather has been too uncooperative when I actually did remember I wanted to do so. It's a Canadian thing to talk about the weather, by the way, and here in Alberta, we like to say if you don't like the weather, just wait fifteen minutes.

Today's WIP is a tabler runner I am working on. This is the first top all complete; I say first because my plan is to make it reversible.

I'm not planning to make the reverse side coordinate with the top. After all, what's the point of having a runner that can do double duty if you make both sides pretty much the same. I plan to give this to one of my daughters so I am leaning to a Christmas-y palette for the other side. Since she is really just starting to feather her little nest I think she might be able to get the most use out of having something that can also help her decorate their home for the holidays.

So there you have it, that's my post for today. I look forward to seeing what everyone else has on the go.

Linking up to Let's Bee Social and to WIP Wednesday.

e.

                                              WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

  1. Really cute. I like the additional fabric choices too. Those tricycles work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna be a cute table runner. I hope your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good here Erica. Your drawstring bag is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo.... I love the catnap fabric, and you can never go wrong with a good HST! Congrats on getting the first side done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the dots! It's cute. I think most places have a saying like that about them. :) Lady Weather is unpredictable at best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to make the two sides of the runner different. Very practical... why didn't I think of that? And I hear you on the difficulties of taking pictures in Canadian winter. Part of me has just given up on good lighting. It'll come again in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to make a chevron quilt...your's is coming along wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I browsed around and added myself as a GFC follower. Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. "If you don't like the weather,wait a few minutes" sounds like the weather here in NC!! hehehe

    Love the Lizzy House prints in the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Cat Nap fabrics are sew sweet! I love what you've done with the low volume and brights to make those chevrons, Erica. Backing it with a Christmas theme is a great idea. Your daughter's going to love this runner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to make it double sided. This side is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that phrase "feather her nest". So sweet! I will be doing a quilt similar to this later this year. Looking forward to seeing yours when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS