But, it is getting to be that time of year when the elves in the workshop make room for me and my projects. I really, really love Christmas, and working on gifts and other projects for friends and family fills my heart with so much joy!
Today, I am sharing a WIP I am getting ready for a very special event coming up next week. I braved the cold and the dark (wow, the days are short now!) to get this photo to prove I really have been working at something!
I won't share all the details now as I will be showing the finished project in a few days, but I can give you a hint - I'm using Christmas colours! (no fair, that isn't a hint because it's completely obvious, I know!)
I was tagged by Pam a couple weeks back and with so much work traveling and all those other things that keep each of us so busy, I haven't had a chance to respond. So, here are my answers to the 11 questions she posed:
- What's your favourite sewing notion? Creative Grids rulers - I have the 12 1/2" and 6 1/2" squares and the large 60 degree triangle
- What's your favorite quilt shop? I can only choose one? Quiltique in Las Vegas, Gruber's in St. Cloud, MN, enchanted cottage in Glendive, MT, and Hawthorne Threads, Fat Quarter Shop, Fabricworm, and Pink Chalk Fabrics online. Whew!
- Where did you go on your last vacation? Disneyland =)
- What's your favorite meal to make for guests? Braised short ribs
- Do you subscribe to any quilting or sewing magazines? No, I don't
- Have you ever been on a shop hop? Yes!
- Toilet paper roll over or under? Over. Last year, one of my students gave an awesome 10 minute presentation on why over is the correct way - it was creative and engaging and yes, he got an A!
- How long have you been sewing/quilting? Sewing...forever. I was probably 6 or 7 when I learned to handsew
- What's your best sewing tip? Measure where 1/4" seam is on your machine and know how to get there - it makes a huge difference in accuracy
- Where is the farthest you've ever traveled? Germany/Austria
- Do you collect anything? My husband and I are curating a collection of Disney pins - he likes Cheshire Cat and I like Dumbo