Monday, September 10, 2012

Hootlet!

I realize hootlet is not a word but I like it just the same. This quilt became known as the hootlet quilt because that sounds like what we'd want to call a baby owl (and yes, I know that is not correct!). For the past few weeks I have been working on a baby quilt for a friend of mine who just became a grandma for the first time. It took me a little while to finish but sweet baby girl  was good about being patient and waiting to get here. I finished the binding earlier tonight and managed to get a picture. My wonderful son-in-law to be was a good sport about being the quilt holder for this photo.


The inspiration was Ashely's converging corners quilt and I fussy cut the owl (and other critter) motifs for the centre of the blocks. It was a lot of fun to make.  I wanted to personalize the backing so I added in a strip across the middle. I traced one of the owls from the focus fabric and I think it turned out pretty cute!


I hope grandma and the parents and this sweet new baby girl like it!

e.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure they will love it! This quilt is on my to do list ; )

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS