Saturday, August 4, 2012

Wonky Bento Box

Myrika, the leader of our Happiness circle at do.Good Stitches asked us for Wonky Bento Box blocks this month. The blocks are based on Quilt Dad's tutorial and the colour scheme is raspberry, light blue, lime green, and grey - so pretty. I had never made blocks like this before and as far as I can recall, this is my first foray into "improv" type piecing, so I was really excited.

I made the blocks last night - what an awesome way to spend a Friday evening after a busy week at work - it was so relaxing!



It is a long weekend here in Canada - in my province, Alberta, it is Heritage Day on Monday, so we have it off. We have a couple of things planned over the next few days but my number one goal is to make some serious progress on the wedding quilt for my daughter and her very-soon-to-be husband. It will be a nice way to spend a laid back weekend at home!

Happy weekend, everyone.

e.

3 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS