Monday, August 13, 2012

Blocks...

A friend of mine is going to become a first-time grandma any day now. Back in April, she had attended the Rotary silent auction and bid on a baby quilt I had donated. She was pretty excited to think she had won it until the last minute when someone snuck in under the wire and put in a higher bid. She asked me if I would be able to make a quilt, since she missed out on that one. The mom and dad-to-be are doing baby girl's room in yellow and in an owl theme. I found some owl-type fabrics at various online shops and sent the photos to my friend - she picked a fun one!


It seemed like it might be fun to fussy cut some of the motifs from the fabric she picked and build some of Ashley's Converging Corner blocks around them. These are the first four blocks; I finished a couple more tonight after I took this photo and am planning a quilt of twelve blocks total. Little miss is due to arrive any day now so I need to get cracking!

Every year, I have the privilege of going on a backpacking trip with some really special friends. Our all-women's hiking group have gone on some really incredible adventures. This year, however, schedules and life interefered a little so our 7-10 day trip turned into a hiking weekend. We live close to the Canadian Rockies and this weekend, our travels took us up on the Columbia Icefields, between Banff and Jasper. The views are incredible, the trails are great, and the company is just wonderful. It puts me behind on some of the sewing I want to get done, but it recharges and refreshes me inside and out!

I just need a little nap now to get caught up....then I'll be good to go!

e.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little quilt-in-the-making! Very cool about your hiking adventures!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS