Monday, January 9, 2012

Scrapping

I pulled out some scraps for my Sew Scraps Along project, inspired by Jodi's blog over at Pleasant Home. I was feeling pretty conservative so I decided 
I'd pull out all my Fig Tree scraps and work with just those. 
Here is what I came up with:


In case you are wondering, that is a US postal service medium flat rate box full of scraps. I had several pieces leftover from an older jelly roll and four unused charm packs in addition to the scraps. When I got them all pressed it didn't turn out to be as many as I thought it would be. I think my scrap project will end up being a table runner, but I could use a spring one and the colours lend themselves well, so that is just fine by me. 

I have also decided not to cut into the charm packs; 
I have two charm packs each of two different lines, which is easily enough for a quilt.  I trimmed up all my scraps and tossed away anything that couldn't 
be cut into at least a 2 1/2" square.

Making that foray into my scrap pile left me feeling justified enough to cut out another project! I had a kit which I had purchased last year which I think has a bit of a wintry theme. I'm thinking it might be a nice one to have out in January and February while we wait and hope for spring. I made some pretty good progress on it tonight and with luck, might be able to get a picture 
in the next few days.

Hoping your Monday was a good one.

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS