Monday, January 2, 2012

one...

This year, I'm going to place each thread spool I empty into a glass mason jar which sits on my sewing counter. Not only will this serve as a recycling bin in my sewing room, it will also help me track my productivity as the weeks and months go by. Sometimes, life gets busy and it is easy to think "I haven't had time to sew in ages...". This year won't be any different, but I hope my jar of spools will serve as an encouragement and a reminder that I have been able to spend time doing what I love.


I already have one in there! I am working on a quilt for my daughter which has 48 red hearts appliqued to the blocks. I am using a small machine zig-zag stitch to adhere the pieces to the quilt and managed to use up this spool of thread. I'm so excited to have something in my jar!

There will be more, for example, a wedding quilt for my daughter. Today, we shopped for her dress and for her bridesmaids dresses. It was lovely way to spend a day off in January! I must say, I'm glad I'm a quilter - the type of stitching I saw on the dresses she tried on required skills I don't even want to try to develop. I'll stick to 1/4" seams and hand-stitched quilt bindings, thank you very much!

Happy January 2nd.

e.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea & how exciting to have a wedding in the future!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS