Sunday, June 1, 2014

Welcome, June

I am definitely a summer girl. I like autumn a lot and certainly don't hate the other season (although winter was a bit long for my liking, this year) but I much prefer sunshine and hot weather, so June is always a most welcome month. Apart from the warmer season, I always look forward to June because that means April and May are finished with. I have an awesome job that supports my quilting habit but April and May each year are always frantically busy and this year was no exception. They are exciting, there is great energy, and lots of things get done, but wow, tiring! This weekend I finally had an opportunity to dust off my sewing machine and get back to sewing and I quite enjoyed it and look forward to opportunities to be at the machine more frequently going forward. My first order of business was getting my May bee blocks looked after. So, without further ado, here they are:

 Global Stitches Bee - this month, Ruth asked for scrappy star blocks based on this tutorial over at Clover & Violet. The block was simple and quick to make (thank goodness!).


Then there were improv blocks requested by Laura over at the Happiness circle of Do Good Stitches.
 

There was a university graduation last week so there is actually a quilt finish to show as well, but I need daughter dear to bring her quilt over so I can snap a few photos.

Mmm....the sun on my face, light lasting late into the evening...my batteries are recharging like crazy. See you soon!

e.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great Erica - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scrappy star especially the dark teal you used. Do you know what color/manufacturer it is, it is a wonderful color. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a sun worshiper, but I am glad to see the sun finally arrive and the temperatures rising around these parts! Love your block for Global Scrap Bee and those improv blocks make me want to run to my machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for summer! It is my favorite time of year, too. I love being able to go on walks on warm summer evenings with my husband. And the picnics! Glad you have a supportive job, and welcome back to more sewing time!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS