Just in under the wire, I finished the second week's project for the Patchwork Please sewalong hosted over at A Quilter's Table.
As you can see, I did the one with the least amount of letters; yup, that was no accident. I enjoyed making this project all the way up to the binding part. I love binding; I am a hand-stitched binding kind of girl so it was a stretch for me to accept that this project really does lend itself to applying binding by machine. While I do still think the book is very well written, the directions for making and applying the continuous bias binding were not nearly complete enough, and could have used a drawing. I've sewn a lot and read a lot of patterns and tried a lot of techniques (including this one) and I am sure I would never have gotten where I needed to if I didn't have that experience to draw on; the directions themselves were just not enough. But, I haven't heard anybody else mention a problem, so I'm also quite willing to accept the problem had everything to do with me. In the end, it is finished, and it is cute! I dabbled in 30's prints very minimally a few years back and it happened I had a cute piece of fabric left to use for the binding; I think it compliments the American Jane scraps very nicely. I have the linen cut for the remaining towels, but they will have to wait until next weekend. At least I got something completed for this week - it feels good!
So, on to a new week, new projects, and more learning!