Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tuesday at the Table - New Year's Edition

First off, Happy New Year to all!

Wow! What a whirlwind these past few weeks have been. I wish I could say I had some final, 2012 finishes to show but alas, that isn't the case. I did finish off a few projects in time for Christmas Eve but didn't manage to take photos before giving them away. Some were sewn/quilted and a few were crocheted but all were fun to make! The past couple of weeks were rather chilly here in southern Alberta but the sun is shining today giving me lots of energy to re-organize the house after Christmas and get a few photos taken.

I have a couple of table-related photos and thoughts to share on this, the first day of 2013.  This year, I rebelled against making a traditional turkey dinner on Christmas Day. I like turkey, but it is not my favourite. I also wanted to try hosting our big dinner on Christmas Eve, for a change. There were only six of us, but I set the table with festive dishes and lots of sparkling, glittering decorations and candles - I think it turned out really pretty!


Our menu was German-inspired, on honour of my heritage. We had rouladen, spaetzle, braised red cabbage, asparagus, and an assortment of wonderful Christmas baking for dessert. It was a lovely evening!

I have belonged to an online quilting group for almost ten years now and received the most gorgeous table as part of our annual Christmas swap.


The runner is long and narrow - just perfect for the sideboard I am dreaming of owning one day. The snowball blocks are small - two inches or so - and perfectly pieced, every last one of them! The snowflakes (they are on both ends) are wool and appliqued on to the runner - just beautiful! This is a wonderful addition to my Christmas and winter decor.

Linking up to Tuesday at the Table and wishing everyone the best for the year to come!

e.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome runner - good for you! And your special meal sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas meal sounds delicious! I'm not the biggest fan of turkey, so I'd much rather try yours! And what a fabulous runner. Those snowballs are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS