Monday, October 22, 2012

{Sew} Modern Monday - October 22

We are under the two week mark until our last daughter's wedding; for the better part of the last year, we have been in wedding mode and this weekend, I needed to rebel (but just a little!). As exciting as it has been having two daughters get married this year, I wanted to do something that was just for me. A new cover for a dowdy throw pillow seemed just the right kind of quick project I could manage.

Inspired by several tutorials of late, I spent some time in the sewing room Saturday evening and came up with this:


I was probably most influenced by Elizabeth's tutorial over at Oh, Fransson, although I tweaked it a little and opted not to use a foundation fabric such as the duck or canvas she suggests. Instead, I lined the front of my pillow using this method and I am quite pleased with how it came out. I put it on the couch and am so pleased - it looks so much better than the throw pillow (which I used to stuff this one) that came with the furniture when we bought it. I tried to get a before and after shot of the corner of my couch but it is a very dark and gray day and the photos aren't so nice.

Speaking of dark and gray.....we are under a snowfall warning tonight and tomorrow with 10 - 20cm of snow predicted (that is 4"-8"!) - looks like I got my fall-coloured pillow done in the nick of time!!

So pleased to be linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations today. Have a great week!

e.

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! And good luck with the wedding stuff!! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright & happy. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS