Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm It!

Debbie, who blogs over at A Quilter's Table, tagged me a couple days ago. Yesterday, we ended up going to the "big city" to the north of us to take in a performance by the Blue Man Group with our son and his wife so it didn't leave much time to write a proper blog post.

Alas, it's Monday, and since I have nothing really to show for my weekend, answering the questions helps me come up with a post that I hope will be at least somewhat interesting!

I was asked...

1. What is your favorite color to use in quilting? Sure, a difficult question right off the bat! I would say ocean colours, so blue-greens in various levels of saturation and value.
2. Where would you like to visit in the U.S. that you've never been before? Boston. I have been to nearly 40 different states, including Alaska and Hawaii, but I have not spent any time in New England, and I would like to.
3. How old is the car you drive most? Two years old. It's filthy dirty right now. I'm glad I wasn't asked to post a photo of it.
4. What's the last movie you saw and would you recommend it? Safe House, with Denzel Washington. Don't go! Don't rent it! There has got to be something playing in re-runs that is better than this film. I had high hopes, considering the leading man, but those hopes were dashed. I kept waiting for a unique twist or turn; it didn't happen.
5. What makes a day great? Sunshine and blue sky!
6. What is your favorite snack? Chips and dip. With a side of Lindor!
7. Besides quilting, do you have other hobbies? Baking, cooking, reading, hiking, backpacking, kayaking, and travel!
8. What is your least favorite household chore? Dusting. I hate it. One of my Saturday morning chores as a kid was to do the dusting. My mom had lots and lots of knick knacks and I had to pick each one up, dust it, then dust the place where it sat. I hate dusting. I live on the bald prairie - I actually dust a lot!
9. Where would you live if you could? In a historical district of a European city - Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, or Copenhagen would do.
10. What is your favorite quilt you've made? I love the two Yellow Brick Road quilts I made for my girls' boyfriends this past Christmas. I think it is because both boys really loved their gifts, so I see the quilts being used on a constant basis.
11. What's your "wake up" beverage of choice? Coffee. Stat. Now. Please. Thanks.

Now...I should probably tag someone, but while I lurk on a lot of blogs, I don't know any of the writers well enough to tag them. Debbie tagged several bloggers, so if you want to learn about some more people, just visit her post here.
 
 
 
I did finish pulling fabrics for the strip quilt I mentioned in my last post. And I still haven't pressed that piece of inspiration fabric. Lame. In the end, one of the original fabrics didn't make the cut. It was a Hope Valley piece that was just too muddy for the mix. I found some Fig Tree fabrics which I think really help to lighten up the grouping - after all, it's still a baby quilt. The fabrics are currently going for a spin in the washer and will have a date with the iron tonight. I can't wait to get working on this!

Happy Monday!

e.

2 comments:

  1. What fun answers! RE: Boston - GO when you can - it's awesome!! And I think our mother's might be related (RE: #8) Thanks for playing along, Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS