Friday, January 27, 2012

Still Swooning

I had a spurt there where I managed to complete one Swoon block a day; I haven't quite kept up the pace for the last few days, but I am up to five blocks completed. This means I am over half way to completing the required number of blocks, which is great progress.






Block #4 is Central Park by Kate Spain and Erin McMorris for 
Free Spirit (I think!).





Block #5 is Kei Honeycomb and...more Central Park. I didn't intend for this to be a Central Park quilt. Altogether, I believe six of the 18 fat quarters used in this quilt do come from that line. The fabric which inspired my theme is from the Central Park line (haven't produced a block with it yet) so it makes sense that I ended up with quite a few prints from that line in this project. I tried to avoid duplicating prints, but I confess, I ended up using one print twice, just in two different colours.

Block #6 is cut and I've been assembling and trimming HST's on a relaxing Friday evening. It's quite dark tonight, in fact, it has been quite dark all week. Even with good work light, I think it's time to shut the light off in the sewing room for the evening.

I'm looking forward to a nice weekend; hope you are too.

e.

2 comments:

  1. mmm....love your blocks and CP is a perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the orangey-red and aqua together!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS